Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s Topic: “The Top 6 Lead Generation Tips for LinkedIn.”
As a financial advisor, lead generation will always be at the forefront of your marketing strategy to generate consistent growth. This may have been an ongoing headache for you because of other operational demands on your time. LinkedIn is a great networking platform for continuous lead generation. It is cost-effective, easy to use and the ideal channel for online marketing.
Here are 6 practical tips for your LinkedIn Lead Generation efforts:
1. Structure your lead generation efforts around LinkedIn’s three primary strengths:
a. Robust and concise professional user data which makes targeting easy.
b. It has a business context – people use LinkedIn for information to help advance their careers, making them receptive to business messaging.
c. News Feed Ads – they can be posted in news feeds reaching your target audience to build your brand’s awareness.
2. Identify the main attributes of your leads and create the ideal avatar for layered targeting. In other words, try out different combinations on the targeting filters and parameters to reach high converting leads. Use the targeting filters to segment your market according to your sales funnel process, so you can match the appropriate content to your avatar.
3. Use LinkedIn’s Matched Audiences to maximize lead generation. Some features include Website Retargeting, which delivers ads to LinkedIn users after they’ve visited your website. Contact Targeting allows you to integrate your existing contact list, and LinkedIn Ads will be displayed to them.
4. Thought leadership has a direct impact on lead generation, and LinkedIn is the ideal platform to establish yourself as an authority. Users want to partner with brands that can help them with business decisions, give helpful advice, and help them improve professionally and personally.
5. There are usually multiple decision makers in an organization, and LinkedIn enables you to build relationships with various stakeholders. Your lead generation efforts should, therefore, reach different stakeholders with messaging which resonates with their needs.
6. Use Conversion Tracking to see which campaigns and ads are most effective. You can compare metrics, impressions, likes, and social actions to learn more about your target audience. Measure your leads based on quality (leads that convert to new business), not quantity. Hundreds of unqualified leads are meaningless to you.
By following these guidelines, you’re ready to optimize the lead generation capabilities available to you through LinkedIn. You’ll see real results when your targeted lead receives the right message at the right time from a thought leader they recognize and trust – you!
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.