Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute.
As a financial advisor, it’s vital for you to learn today’s topic the “Best Ways to Use Your Ultimate Lead Magnet.” The information you’re about to hear will help you scale your practice with multi-dimensional lead sources or traffic to draw people into your sales funnel and eventually become perfect clients.
Are you starting to pick up a little of the language of social media marketing? I don’t want to use too much of it, and I try to explain the terminology, but we all need to know what these terms mean. So, I’ll continue to interject them, when appropriate. If you think I could do a better job, let me know by commenting below.
Just to make sure we’re on the same page here, lead generation involves gathering information that will help you segment your prospects to better target them. A mistake people often make is to confuse lead generation with sales and launching into a hard sell, which isn’t appropriate for most social media platforms.
Remember, your success depends on getting people interested in and excited about you and your services. You’ve probably already exhausted your list of friends, family, and acquaintances by now, and the thought of cold calling strangers, if even allowed, makes your stomach churn – I now it did mine!
So, your social media marketing campaigns aren’t merely for creating awareness of you and your authority as a financial advisor but should also be used to attract prospects. How you do that is by offering your lead magnet. I’ll be talking more about lead magnets in later posts, but for now a lead magnet is something that you use to give viewers, listeners or readers, usually for free, in exchange for their contact information. I use my Signature Formula roadmap, as my lead magnet.
Here are five ideas to best use your lead magnet:
- Select the most suitable social media platform (LinkedIn is an excellent place to start) and make sure you have a professional, recently taken, profile picture. No, don’t use the one where you’re making pancakes standing in your shorts! I’m not knocking summer clothes or cooking, but trust me, a professional image is the right way to go here.
- Check out LinkedIn’s Lead Gen Forms. When members click on your post or ad, a form is automatically populated with their profile information, and they can submit it with one click. In exchange they get your lead magnet.
- You can host a webinar and record the names of attendees. Request their contact information, such as name and email and then you send them your lead magnet.
- On your Facebook page, create a Custom Tab. It is a nifty way to create contact forms. Draw attention to your tabs by including the link in your posts, as well as, you guessed it, offering them your lead magnet.
- Did you know you can use SlideShare to gain leads? Generate short slide decks that are relevant to your niche market and easily link SlideShare to your LinkedIn account. Remember to include a call to action (CTA) – yes, to get your lead magnet!
Be patient and collect your prospect’s contact information over time. Continue to stay in touch with them by sending valuable information they’re interested in – remember these are your avatar, so you should already know what they consider valuable information. This allows them to gain trust in you and your services.
So, get cracking on using your lead magnet, the best ways, it will be well worth your effort.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.