Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s Topic: “The 5 Best Ways to Repurpose Your Blog Content“
Despite all the benefits of blogging, coming up with new topics and fresh content remains a problem for many financial advisors. Today I’m going to show you how to repurpose your blog content. It will extend the lifetime of your content and drive more traffic into your sales funnel. You’ve already invested a lot of time in developing your content; now it’s time to make that content work for you.
By repurposing your blog content, you save time, draw in more prospects from multiple platforms and attract organic traffic from search engines.
Here are the 5 best ways to repurpose your content:
- Republish your blog posts. There are sites like “Medium” or “BizSugar” where you can republish popular blog posts to a broader new audience. Create a free account, load your blog post, and publish.
- Syndicate your blog posts. There are content syndication networks like “Taboola,” which recommends your blog posts to people who are reading related posts. For a small charge (per click), you can have your post promoted as “Recommended Reading.”
- Reformat your content for multi-media. Repurpose your blog posts into a short video, podcast, infographic, newsletter, or slide deck. For example, you can publish your infographics on Piktochart; your videos on YouTube and the Slide Deck on SlideShare, while Podcasts can be uploaded to iTunes or Stitcher.
- Use excerpts for social media posts. Select a prominent section of your content, add fresh graphics, and turn it into a new social media post. Play around with catchy headers to highlight the content’s relevance to your audience to grab their attention.
- Augment your content for new uses. By editing your content, you can repurpose it for new uses. For example, add a nice graphic cover page to your blog content, edit and save it as a PDF to create a lead magnet or free checklist handout. You can even use your longer content for a short webinar. If you’re a guru on a specific financial hot-topic, develop a short-course, and upload it to “Udemy.” If you’ve done a series of blogs on a topic, combine them to form a downloadable eBook.
Look at your old content with new eyes and creativity. You’ll be amazed at the additional mileage you can get by repurposing your existing content. Your financial knowledge and expertise are much needed, and by sharing it far and wide, you’ll be able to reach many more potential clients.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.