Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s Topic: “The 5 Best Ways to Promote Your LinkedIn Page.”
Have you considered creating a LinkedIn Page for your business to promote your products and services? You probably already have a personal profile, but by creating a page to showcase your business online, you access a far more extensive network of potential new clients.
It also provides a platform to promote your latest news and special services, and you can monitor when other people mention your business. You can run ad campaigns and monitor their effectiveness. It may sound daunting, but it will only take a few minutes to set up your business page to get you started.
Go to LinkedIn Pages and click on “Create Your Page” to follow their step-by-step guide. Be thorough when you complete the “About” tab as it shapes people’s perception of the credibility of your business. Jot down critical thoughts around your business’s vision and mission. How does your service improve lives? What values drive your decision making? Consider what your key differentiators are to position your brand. Remember to incorporate relevant keywords into your compelling summary.
You will also be asked to upload a logo and cover image. If you need assistance in creating beautiful professional images you can use Canva, it’s free. There are required fields to insert your website URL, Office Location, Organization Type, and Industry. These details are essential because it improves your searchability on LinkedIn.
The 5 best ways to promote your LinkedIn page are:
- Add a link to your page in all your marketing templates: your outgoing email signature, business cards, website, and blog.
- Include the LinkedIn follow button on your website and cross-promote content to other social media platforms.
- Be active on the platform. Look at the hashtags in your community’s panel. Participate in relevant conversations as a financial advisor. Check your activity tab at least once per day. You can see if people have mentioned you and you can thank them.
- Post regular informative updates on your page to retain and acquire new followers. Try out the content suggestions tool based on trending topics when you run out of ideas.
- Keep an eye on your Page Analytics. It will keep you on track to identify popular content for your target audience and highlight the gaps.
After your LinkedIn Page has reached 150 followers or more, you’ll note a significant growth surge. So, be intentional about growing your network and actively participate in conversations, content posting, and promotions.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.