Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s Topic: “The 10 Best Practices for Your LinkedIn Sponsored Content Campaign.”
Once you’ve identified your target audience on LinkedIn, you need to capture and keep their attention. Sponsored Content (also known as native advertising) has the same look and feel as other content on LinkedIn and is more effective than banner or other display ads.
LinkedIn’s Sponsored Content will help you deliver the right message to the right target audience in a professional news feed. It will help you create brand awareness, generate leads, and cultivate critical relationships online. Its superior targeting capability uses profile data to target your ideal audience with LinkedIn Audience Network.
Before you create a Sponsored Content Campaign, here are 10 best practices to keep in mind:
- Incorporate targeting specifics. Choose the ideal geographical location and two other targeting criteria to pinpoint your audience accurately. You can target job titles and industries. Alternatively, you can use your own data by using Matched Audience, which enables Retargeting, Account-Based Targeting, and Email Contact Targeting from your existing network.
- Keep your headlines shorter than 150 characters.
- Your descriptive text should be less than 70 characters.
- Use a slightly larger image of 1200 x 628 pixels. Smaller thumbnail images get lower click-through rates.
- Use media elements like video and audio to engage your audience. You can incorporate YouTube, Vimeo and SlideShare clips that will play in the LinkedIn feed.
- Make sure your Call to Action (CTA) is clear, so your audience can take your desired action, if they’re interested.
- Instead of just re-sharing industry news, analyze it, and offer your professional view to position you as a thought-leader.
- Use the LinkedIn Mobile App to engage and respond to comments while you’re on the go.
- Use inspiring stories and content that people can make an emotional connection with.
- Remember to repurpose your blog or website content for your Sponsored Content Campaign to save time and leverage the value you’ve already invested in creating it.
When you are confident that you’ve targeted the right audience, you can select the ideal Ad Format for your Sponsored Content Campaign. You can choose from Single-Image Ads, Video Ads, or Carousel Ads. A Carousel Ad is a swipeable series of images or cards that displays deeper insights or multiple product offerings. They are designed to attract your audience by telling a brand story. Start planning your Sponsored Content Campaign today. It is an effective way to establish relationships by delivering the right message to targeted professionals in your LinkedIn feed, and thereby find perfect prospects, who can lead to perfect clients.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.