Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s Topic: “How to Set-up Ads That Click to Facebook Messenger.”
You may have veered away from paid advertising previously due to budget constraints or intimidating technology. Today I’d like to introduce you to a secure and cost-effective alternative. Facebook has a great feature called “Ads That Click to Messenger.” It creates an interactive Ad Chat experience in Messenger and is a useful marketing tool for financial advisors.
A Facebook Click to Messenger Ad is distinctly different from other Ads because the conversion action is “Send Message” – taking your prospects straight to Facebook Messenger for an instant interactive experience.
The two main objectives of these ads are Messages and Conversions. The Messages’ objective is to target the ads at people who are most likely to respond to your financial services. Whereas the conversions’ objective should be used when you’re tracking events with your Facebook pixel and driving conversions.
For today’s post, I’m going to just focus on the Messages’ objective to get you started. When you create the ad, you’ll design both the ad and the welcome experience in Messenger people receive once they click on your ad.
These are the 7 steps to creating a Click to Messenger Ad:
- Navigate to “Ad Creation” within Facebook’s Ads Manager.
- Select the “Messages” objective.
- In the Message Destination section, select “Click to Messenger.”
- You’ll now be able to select your Audience, Placements, Budget, and Schedule – click “Next” when you’re done.
- Now you’re ready to select your ad format, upload a short video or graphics, and include your compelling headline and text designed for your niche.
- Select “Messenger Set-up” to create the welcome experience people encounter after they’ve clicked on your ad. You’ll notice there are two template options; a standard template with prefilled content that you can edit slightly, or a custom template. The custom template is editable and allows you to add videos, gifs, images, and buttons to the welcome experience. You can save custom templates and reuse them again.
- When you’re satisfied with your ad, click “Confirm,” and it’s ready for publishing.
Facebook’s Click to Messenger ad is especially effective for retargeting people who have already engaged with content or commented on your posts in the past. Bear in mind that you don’t want to be overly intrusive, so your campaign needs to be highly focused and be transparent about your intention to start a dialogue. Have a look at some successful Click to Messenger Ad campaigns online for inspiration.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.