Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. It’s time to let your financial services knowledge and experience work for you! Today’s topic will give you some practical tips on how to package your knowledge in a way that will attract more prospects.
Your knowledge as a financial advisor is extremely valuable, but the problem is it may be all locked inside your head and have no idea how to effectively get it ‘out there’ where it can work for you. You may not even know where to start, and quite frankly find it somewhat overwhelming. In an age where everything can be accessed in a simple Google search, you’re probably wondering what could you possibly offer that’s not already out there? Right…? Nope, wrong!
Here is a different perspective for you to consider: You have experience and expertise as a financial advisor with valuable skills such as leadership, administrative skills, business management, networking, marketing, sales, coaching, and planning skills, not to mention your own life experiences of overcoming obstacles. When you combine your own unique story, wisdom, and expertise with financial knowledge, you have a compelling value offering for your target market.
I want to highlight some of the benefits of learning how to package your knowledge and expertise and market that as a package – effectively:
1. By refining your message, you can summarize your core competencies and position yourself as an authority and thought leader in financial matters.
2. You will deliver valuable information that will improve the lives of your prospects.
3. It’s a more effective approach, and reaches a far greater audience than only one-on-one interactions.
4. It helps you to attract perfect prospects who are drawn to your story and who you want to work with.
5. And here’s the number one benefit: It frees up your time to focus on what in life is most important to you.
Now that you can see some of the benefits, you may be wondering “Okay, so where do I start?” I’ve put together 5 ideas for you.
1. Publish a ‘lead magnet’ that may be short e-book and share it online in exchange for contact information.
2. Gather happy client testimonials. Package it into an online case study to place into your next marketing campaign.
3. Arrange a live event (a business breakfast for example) with a local group your associated with and share your experiences on a pertinent financial topic.
4. Start a regular online blog post and encourage feedback and comments to establish yourself as an authority and thought leader.
5. Record an online podcast or short webinar and take your audience on a journey, a story, that will challenge ideas they may have about their financial future.
Remember that your story, knowledge, and experiences are unique and valuable. You have the power to change lives for the better. With a little time and effort, you can document and package your knowledge into impactful, value-adding content that can be shared on a variety of online social platforms.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.