Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s topic is: “How Can I Turn my Website into a Lead Generator?“
Gone are the days where your website served as little more than an online business card. Today’s discerning clients will check in on several competing sites before choosing a financial advisor. You may feel frustrated because your website is ineffective, yet what you need is a Website Lead Generation strategy, and I have some key pointers to get you started.
Your primary objective is to get your prospects to sign up for your mailing list. As a financial advisor, you must build authority and trust over time, and a drip marketing strategy of sharing content which exhibits your expertise will prove to be highly effective. To execute this strategy, you need five key components.
1. Provide a connection point. Leverage your social media marketing campaigns to direct prospects to your website and ask them to sign-up for your email list by offering them your lead magnet.
2. A lead magnet is something valuable and persuasive that you offer for free in exchange for their name and email address. It could be an eBook on something exclusive and relevant to your niche market. Promote your lead magnet on social media and direct visitors to your website. Once you’ve presented them with your offer, it’s time for your Call-To-Action.
3. Your Call-To-Action is an outright request to make the connection. This is where you want to obtain your prospect’s name and email address. Strike a balance here, you don’t want the pop-up to be too brash or demanding, but you do want it to entice and attract attention.
4. Configure your blog updates and newsletters to be distributed to your growing mailing list. Be careful not to “mail bomb” your prospects with too frequent or irrelevant content as they will unsubscribe from your list.
5. Use Google Analytics to measure your conversion rate or the percentage of website visitors that take a desired action. The Analytics’ results will indicate whether you need to attract more visitors, whether you’re drawing enough people, they’re not engaging, or just not doing what you hope they would do. They can reveal whether you need to make content or design changes to your website.
By following these pointers and others, you will soon see an increase in your website lead generation.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.