Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s topic is: “How can I improve SEO for my website?“
Search Engine Optimisation or SEO is ensuring that your website can be found in search engines for keywords and phrases that are relevant to the financial services you offer. It’s a way of ensuring quality control for all websites. I know all the technical jargon can be overwhelming, but there are vital benefits to SEO that you will appreciate once you understand it better.
1. It will generate more leads for you through improving your online visibility.
2. It strengthens your authority and website reputation.
3. It helps you connect with the audience you want to target – your niche market.
I’ve outlined five valuable SEO tips to get you started:
1. Analyze historical search data to find the highest-ranking keywords. You can start by looking at “Keywords related to” and “People also ask” sections on Google’s search results page. There’s also a free tool “Keywords Everywhere” which extracts the top keywords for financial advisors and wealth management.
2.Now that you’re armed with your top keywords, you can start optimizing your website’s headings, titles, and content by incorporating them. Every page on your site should contain your keywords and phrases.
3. Benefit from optimized video and images. You should optimize images by including keywords in your image file name, image title, description, and alt tags. Alt tags are the alternate text that is displayed when the image is not available, and search engines use this text to identify what the image is. Every little bit helps!
4. Set-up your Business Page on Google. You want to target your local prospects first by localizing your SEO. The local map listings you see in your search results come from Google’s My Business Page (GMB.) You can include a business description and a link to your website with your contact details.
5. Take advantage of social media and directory listings and keep them up to date. Google uses local info from directory listings for SEO. So, make sure you have a local presence on all of them. Here’s a couple you can start with:
Top of Form
Your client referrals will always be a great lead source for you, but you cannot depend solely on them and miss out on the benefits of managing your website’s SEO. There are more than 90,000 “financial advisor” searches per month in the US, and you want to ensure you’re ranking as close to the top of the search results pile as possible.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.