Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute.
Today’s topic: 5 Steps to Go from Boring to Genius!
I’m sure you’ve heard the saying “A picture is worth a thousand words.” Well, today’s topic is geared to take you from bland and boring to a visually inspired genius.
As a financial advisor, you’ve already invested a lot of time and effort in establishing your Foundation that includes your Avatar, Million Dollar Message and your Perfect Product offering, and as your process develops further into creating a funnel to attract, engage and convert prospects into clients, producing eye-catching visuals when you develop content becomes increasingly important.
Think for a moment… How successful has your recent content marketing and social media campaigns been? Have you seen an increase in online traffic? If your answer is ‘’no”, the problem might lie in a lack of good visuals – be it video, photographs or infographics. With a sea of boring promotional content out there, you have an opportunity to master visual content creation and deliver something that will make people sit up and take notice.
Here are five tips to help you improve your visual content marketing:
1. Develop a consistent visual style that becomes easily recognizable by your audience over time and design a template for each platform that’s easily reusable.
2. Use simple, clear image choices that your audience can connect with – instantly!
3. Make sure the imagery conveys the appropriate emotion and tells a story that is likable and shareable. Remember people share messages that are either amusing, heart-warming or inspirational.
4. Make sure your visuals are compatible with different social media platforms.
5. Simplify your content by going visual.
Did you know that posts with images generate up to 200% more shares and 94% more views than text only? The visual trend is continually rising, and video is showing total dominance in traffic data, our lifeblood is data, and the #1 Social Media Trend to look out for.
By using engaging, entertaining and exciting visuals, you’ll see a rapid improvement in your content marketing success as a financial advisor. Visual content is getting all the attention, likes and shares, so make sure you’re getting a slice of the cake!
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.