Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s Topic: “6 Best YouTube Ranking Tips for Financial Advisors.”
Perhaps video rankings on YouTube is a bit of a puzzle to you. You obviously would like to see a steady, consistent improvement in your rankings. In order to influence your ranking, you need to understand YouTube’s algorithms and ranking factors for recommending and displaying your videos in the search results and Autoplay Feed. So today, I want to share some YouTube insights and tips to guide you.
YouTube considers the following factors in its ranking process:
- The number of views your video gets.
- The duration of the views.
- The number of Thumbs–Up recommendations and comments.
- The acceleration rate of the views and intent match ranking.
- Sharing on social media networks.
- Embedded videos on other sites.
Now that you have an overview of the factors that affect the ranking, here are some tips as a financial advisor that will give you a competitive edge.
- Make sure that your headline and description have a fair number of financial keywords. Your video’s title is most important for keyword ranking. Also, add subtitles and captions to your videos and replace some of the pronouns with relevant keywords.
2. Set aside a small budget to boost your video with AdWords for it to rank higher.
3. Ask your peers, friends, and family to view your videos and give it a ‘’thumbs–up’’ or leave a comment for you if they liked it. Always reply to comments and pose questions to invite more engagement.
4. Create playlists of your videos with similar topics to encourage people to watch a couple of your videos. That will result in YouTube recommending a collection of your videos in the Autoplay Feed.
5. Offer people something free at the end of your video to ensure that they finish watching the entire video. It could be a lead magnet or a free consultation.
6. Ask viewers to subscribe to your channel and “ring the bell” by clicking on the bell icon next to the subscribe button. It will ensure subscribers receive auto-notifications when you publish a new video.
Remember that keywords drive organic traffic, and you can boost your videos with AdWords to rank it higher. The more video views you get, the higher your recommendation climbs. Stretch yourself a bit and promote your videos to increase views. As these factors start working together, they amplify one another, and you’ll see the results in improved ranking.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time