Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s Topic: 5 Ways Financial Advisors Can Generate New Leads.
As a financial advisor, I’m sure you have a plan in place for generating new leads. And probably, this plan uses one or more lead generation strategies. But what if you’re spending too much money, time or effort to implement these strategies with little result?
If you look at some approaches to generating leads such as email, social media, blog posting, referrals, and maybe even some cold calling they can require considerable money, time, and effort to produce significant results unless you have an effective automated system in place.
Ideally, what you need is the ability to generate new leads that can convert to paying clients without spending too much money, effort, or time.
5 ways Financial advisors can find new leads are:
- Email is still king in marketing for financial advisors when done properly. You must remember that prospects and clients don’t want to be ‘spammed’ with useless information they perceive as selling or not valuable to them.
- Social media is rapidly becoming the most effective way to find new leads. Facebook is widely used by most Americans today and the tools Facebook puts at your fingertips can do things that would have taken vast technical expertise and financial resources to accomplish just a few years ago. When an automated system is in place much of the time, money, and effort can be dramatically reduced, as well as a well-designed system can incorporate most of the other marketing strategies used to find new prospects.
- Blog posting is a wonderful way to get known and accepted as an expert and go-to advisor when a need arises. The key here is to consistently post relevant, well written content that addresses issues your target market or avatar faces.
- Referrals have proven to be a powerful marketing tool forever. If you’re existing clients talk about your practice in a positive way to their friends and associates, people will be more confident about you. And if they’re confident, there’s a high chance they can be converted in to paying clients. The key is to find a way to elicit referrals that consistently works, and then hopefully have a lot of them.
- Testimonials can give you increased credibility in your prospects’ eyes when they see people like themselves proclaim your success in helping to accomplish their goals. So, when a client expresses happiness with you and your services ask them to give you a testimonial; video is best, followed by written testimonials getting permission to display their picture.
There are other strategies that can supplement your overall marketing, but these 5 are the most effective at landing you new leads that become prospects, and eventually turn into ideal clients when done right. In future posts I’ll get into more detail about the best ways to implement these strategies into your marketing.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.