Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s Topic: “5 Top LinkedIn Benefits You Haven’t Considered.”
You probably already have a LinkedIn profile, but like most people, you’re probably only using it as a platform to host your online resume. You may not be aware of the impact LinkedIn could have on your bottom line. So today, I’ll bring you up to speed and explain why LinkedIn should be incorporated into your online marketing strategy.
LinkedIn has over 600 million users and is known as the leading social networking site for professionals. Only 1% of users share content on LinkedIn, which leaves the field wide open for you as a business owner. 50% of LinkedIn users in the US take home more than $75,000 annually, which is above the national median. This is a strong indication that you’ll find your target market on LinkedIn. New HubSpot research indicates that LinkedIn is 227% more effective at generating leads than Facebook and Twitter.
Here are the top 5 benefits of using LinkedIn for marketing:
1. Drive leads and traffic to your website. LinkedIn can drive leads, build brand awareness, and nurture meaningful relationships during every stage of your sales funnel.
2. Find your niche. Use LinkedIn’s professional profile data to develop and target your niche audience. It displays the person’s industry, location, position, and seniority.
3. Amplified authority. Users are utilizing LinkedIn more frequently to research business topics and looking to the platform for industry benchmarking. This receptiveness to valuable, relevant content provides the ideal platform for establishing yourself as an authority in your field of expertise.
4. Grow your network. As you communicate frequently and connect with more people, you remain at the forefront of their minds. So, they will think of you when they need to make a buying decision, recommendation, or referral.
5. Precise targeted ad options. You can reach your niche audience and generate qualified inbound leads for your practice with an assortment of ads. Check out Sponsored Content or InMail, Video or Text Ads as well as Dynamic, Carousel or Display Ads.
As they say, the proof is in the pudding. Open your LinkedIn profile today and start mining the goldmine you’ve been sitting on. Freshen up your profile for starters. Does your headline tell people what you do, who you do it for, and how they benefit from your products and services? Join a couple of interest groups and make new connections. Post and promote some exclusive content to your niche. It will be well worth your time.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.