Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s Topic: “5 Tips to Increase YouTube Video Engagement.”
One of the key factors for ranking higher with your YouTube videos is the engagement level you attract. But how do you increase engagement levels to rank higher and attract a larger audience? Today I want to give you 5 tips on how to increase engagement on your YouTube Videos.
- One of the most obvious things that financial advisors fail to do is to simply ask for engagement during the video. Educate your viewers or existing clients and ask them for a thumbs up, comment, or share the video if they liked it. If you don’t ask, people will generally not do it. When you post your latest video on other social media networks, ask viewers to like or recommend it on those platforms too, especially in your Facebook and LinkedIn Groups.
- Always be quick to respond and encourage interaction by inviting questions and comments. Assure viewers you’ll answer their questions. You can ask their opinion on some controversial financial issues. Those questions will spark conversations and give people a platform to voice their opinions.
- You can create an online community of cross-promoters who help you with online promotion, and in turn, you view, comment on, and promote their material too. This works especially well in non-competing industries. Some of these people may even become future clients as they’re exposed to your expertise over time. The key here is to keep it real, and only promote something if you like it and for them to do the same.
- Be consistent in posting new content. Decide on a realistic frequency of posting videos and then stick to that schedule. Your consistency will build trust with your subscribers, and comments usually spike on the day you publish and promote your video.
- Appreciate and understand your audience. People watch YouTube videos either for information or to be entertained. This may be a bit daunting for you as a financial advisor at first, but if you can both inform and educate entertainingly, your views will skyrocket. Don’t box yourself in the “formal business category” – set yourself apart with something fresh and add a twist of entertainment.
By following these tips, you’ll see a noticeable improvement in your video’s engagement levels. As with all the factors that influence your channel ranking, it’s essential to persevere and make incremental improvements along the way to attract more ideal prospects.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.