Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s Topic: “5 Tips to Boost Your Video Quality.”
To increase your views and recommendations on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPS), you should use superior equipment and imagery to establish a professional image and produce quality videos. Doing this from the get-go can be expensive, so instead, you can make incremental improvements to your equipment and videos. I cannot emphasize enough how important quality content, visual display, and audio are if you want to remain competitive in video views.
Today I want to give you 6 tips to help you take your videos to the next level.
- Your video should have a catchy title incorporating your keywords. YouTube video thumbnail titles are quite short, so you’ll need to craft concise, interesting titles.
- Improve Your Video Thumbnails. This is the first thing viewers see when your video appears on the SERP. A friendly face making eye contact on a plain background is more effective than a cluttered unclear picture. Use your brand colors or logo in the background to make your videos easily recognizable.
- Quality Content – Improve your video content by highlighting unique points and describing the benefits for the viewer. Cover hot topics relevant to your niche. Remember, it’s about the viewer, so use the word “you” instead of “me” and “I.” Incorporate numbers and statistics and be to the point.
- Quality Audio – Work on your pronunciation and speak clearly and enthusiastically. Audacity is a free video editing tool that can erase background noise, but ideally, you should use a stand-alone microphone to improve the sound quality. Use studio foam or an acoustic foam panel to drown out echoes. Place it in front of you (behind the camera).
- Quality Visuals –Don’t neglect the lighting of your video recording; if you don’t have access to ample natural light, you can invest in studio lights or a day-light umbrella. Bear in mind that you’ll need to replace the lamps from time to time and they do take up additional space.
If you want to upgrade from making video recordings from your computer or cell phone, you can invest in a decent high-definition widescreen video recording camera. Alternatively, if you purchase a camcorder, make sure that it has an external microphone jack.
By investing in incremental improvements in these areas, your videos will be more appealing and professional, and it will take your ranking to the next level.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.