Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s Topic: “5 Reasons Why You Should Add Facebook Messenger to Your Marketing Strategy”
Most financial advisors have used Facebook as their first option for social media marketing. It’s the ultimate social platform designed to help people stay connected with family and friends and where people express what matters to them. With one and a half billion daily active users, it makes sense to leverage Facebook for marketing initiatives. The challenge many advisors face, however, is that typically their organic reach has been dwindling and they don’t know how to grow it.
So, today, I’d like to introduce you to Facebook Messenger as a powerful chat feature to engage with prospects. It enables you to send a direct message to Messenger Contacts, including gifs, graphics, and links to your website, for example. Here are five good reasons why you should include it in your marketing strategy:
1. It has a higher Click Through Rate. Messenger’s open or click-through rates are between 50%-80%. Compared to the average email marketing campaign, which only has a 20% open rate at best.
2. It connects you with qualified leads. Instant messaging is considered an immediate response system. You can be sure that people who read and respond positively on Messenger are interested in what you’re offering and want to engage further.
3. Messaging Apps are growing in popularity and has a much faster response time than other channels – usually within 60 minutes!
4. Messenger Ads are much cheaper than Facebook Ads, and you can slice between 60% to 90% off the cost of your leads.
5. It’s far from saturated. Facebook feeds aren’t crowded with Messenger Ads yet, and very few financial advisors are using this channel. If you start building your Messenger list early on, it will give you an advantage in the long run.
Your Facebook Page followers aren’t automatically Messenger contacts. You need to connect with them in Messenger first. Go to your Facebook Page and have a look at the Call To Action or CTA button. Most Financial Advisors have it set on “Learn More” which redirects people to their website. Hover over the button until the “Edit Button” displays, then select the “Contact” option and “Send Message.” When your prospect clicks on this button, they will automatically become a Messenger contact.
Keep in mind that the real value of Messenger lies in fast responses and interactivity, so respond to messages as quickly as possible. You don’t have to respond with a lengthy message, just make contact and say ‘hi,’ who knows this may be your next ideal client you’re messaging. Facebook Messenger can open a whole new channel to find ideal prospects and is the perfect platform for growing your organic reach.
In future posts I’ll guide you to state-of-the-art tools to automate your Messenger marketing that will put it on steroids.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.