Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s Topic: “5 Creative Ways Advisors Can Use Messenger”
Are you running out of ideas to increase your organic reach? Or are you finding it difficult to have that initial start-up conversation with a prospect? Have you considered using Facebook Messenger to engage them? It’s an instant and agile way of interacting with both prospects and clients. You can even set-up a pre-programmed chatbot to take care of that initial interaction with an interested prospect through your Facebook Business page. However, before you do anything check with your Compliance Department to ensure you are doing exactly what you are required to do and then follow the rules.
As an advisor, you could also incorporate Messenger into your client services strategy. Clients can ask questions, and get instant, direct answers from you. The conversation stays in Messenger, which makes it easy for you to re-engage with them from there. Perhaps you’re interested in giving it a try, but you’re not sure how to use Messenger effectively to reach your target audience. I want to provide you with five creative ways to use Messenger to grow your advisory business.
- Create a consistent warm greeting and introduction to you and your services by setting-up a Messenger chatbot, if allowed and done compliantly. When a prospect decides to reach out to you on Messenger, you want them to have a great first impression. Use a casual, friendly, and relatable tone. Your chatbot should replicate a natural conversation. Personalize messages to include the prospect’s name. During the initial interaction, you can offer multiple choice answers so that you can focus in on their specific needs. This will ensure that your responses are helpful. Remember to anticipate their next “move” and build that into the conversation. Your biggest initial obstacle is knowing what to include or exclude in your chat-script. Which brings me to our second point:
- Use Messenger to engage and create a comprehensive list of prospect and client FAQs. Facebook has a feature that you can activate to chat with attendees about your Facebook event once they’ve signed up for it. As soon as you get their reservation confirmation via Messenger, you can start engaging with them. For example, you may ask what questions or interests they have so you could also address it during the live session. Keep track of the questions people ask you during Facebook Live events or other webinars too. This valuable repository of FAQs and answers can be repurposed for content in many ways.
- Activate your Appointment Bookings on your Facebook business page. Facebook Messenger is linked to your Facebook business page appointments and allows you to follow-up with people before your meeting via Messenger. You can send them reminder messages, and it also keeps your prospects engaged with your Facebook page. Alternatively, you could also use the Call-To-Action (CTA) “Message Us” button on your page to start a Messenger conversation with your visitors or get them to engage with your chatbot.
- Add a CTA button to your Facebook posts to get more conversions. Did you know that you can add a “Send Message” CTA button to your Facebook posts? This enables prospects to engage directly with you on Messenger. You can offer them a great lead magnet in exchange for their contact information.
- Use custom audiences for a targeted Facebook Ad campaign. This will enable you to serve ads to everyone who has engaged with you on Messenger. Set up a sponsored messages campaign to create your Messenger audience. Your ads will be served to people who have already shown interest, so it’s a great way to nurture those leads.
The key to using Messenger to promote your services is always to consider your prospect’s user experience. Every chat and interaction should create a positive user experience and reflect your willingness to help.
What is your biggest marketing problem? If it is getting high-value leads let us help; that is what we do! Before you lose another ideal prospect get this and other issues resolved today by going to my website, socialmerlin.com, or click the link here now. You can also ask a question, make a comment, or just get more information, and I will personally respond to you super-fast. Thanks, stay safe, and see you next week.