Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s Topic: 5 Benefits of Making Your Blog Content Specific for Your Niche.
It’s surprising how much easier it is for a practice owner to develop a marketing plan once their avatar, niche or target audience has been identified. You can produce more specific blog content, focus your marketing efforts, and discover more cost-effective marketing channels, all of which will improve your ROI.
Despite these benefits, many advisors still produce generic content with a one-size-fits-all approach or even worse, just post another author’s content. Although they don’t want to exclude potential clients by being too specific, by being too generic they dilute their offering.
Here are 5 benefits of writing niche specific blog articles:
- You distinguish yourself from competitors by being the advisor expert of choice for your niche.
- You provide targeted and specific value to your niche, so the likelihood of them sharing content with their peers increases.
- You become an expert and the go-to person for products and services that meet the needs of your target audience.
- You increase your SEO or search engine optimization results with unique niche related keywords. SEO is the process of increasing the quantity and quality of website visits.
- Your niche content can be leveraged in distinctive channels and networks that aren’t on your competitor’s radar, but where your target audience interact with their peers.
After you’ve identified your niche and brainstormed topics targeted to their needs, it’s time to jot down keywords. Then your next step is to verify that people are frequently searching for these keywords, to gauge their level of interest.
A side note here: if you’re going to use keywords in your advertising there’s a balancing act between the frequency of keyword use and the potential cost of reaching your avatar who’s using these keywords in their searches. Not to worry here, just a note for possible future reference.
A great tool to assist you is Google Trends, which provides search trend information by category, demographical area and timeline. Type in your keyword and a trend graph will display. Click on the compare button to add more keywords and compare the results with other potential topics. An overlapping graph will display where you’ll see what is currently trending. Prioritize the higher trending keywords.
Once you’ve written your niche specific content you can leverage it in other channels like industry forums, trade publications, online magazines, online groups and associations, and other websites of interest to your target audience.
Start establishing and building your network within a community or association you’ve joined. By sharing niche specific content you’ll build relationships and gain trust.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.