Hi, Dan Sheehan from Social Merlin back again for another Marketing Minute. Today’s Topic: “4 Tips for Successful Facebook Click to Messenger Ad Campaigns”
Facebook’s Click to Messenger ads appears in a person’s Facebook Newsfeed. When a person views the ad and clicks on the CTA – “Send Message,” an interactive chat experience is triggered between you and your prospect.
These humanized auto-engagements are very important for financial advisors as part of their lead generation strategy. A mistake many advisors make is underestimating the importance of target audience and placements when they set up their ad campaigns.
I want to guide you with 4 helpful pointers to optimize your Click to Messenger ad campaigns.
1. Select “Automatic Placements” when you create your ad. This will enable the delivery of ads to prospects across all Facebook apps and services. It’s the best placement option for engagement and generating trust through relationship building.
2. Make sure your FB Audience is aligned to your objective. Given that your primary strategy is to generate leads, you could use any of the following options given your situation:
- ‘Core Audiences’ helps you to target people by location, age, behavior, connections, hobbies, or interests.
- ‘Lookalike Audiences’ are ideal as you connect with people similar to your existing clients. Use ‘Audience Insights’ to learn more about your target audience through aggregated attributes of your existing client base. And remember to create a Lookalike Audience Facebook requires a minimum of 1,000 contacts to begin.
- ‘Custom Audiences’ is a great option to retarget people who have already shown interest by engaging with your Facebook Posts, Video Views, or past Messenger engagements. You can expand your Custom Audience by turning your Email subscribers into Messenger Contacts. Send your Email list an invitation to Opt-In and join your Facebook Messenger list. Their engagement level will increase, and you would have converted them into a more effective marketing channel.
3. Set clear expectations up–front. Your ad’s visuals and text should draw prospects into a conversation and indicate that they’ll be guided to Messenger. Ensure the conversation is aligned to delivering the service, opportunity, or value proposition you originally outlined.
4. Track and Optimize your ads. You can use variations of video or graphics to tweak the welcome experience to find the most effective combination, target audience, and placement. Track your ad campaign’s performance in Facebook’s Ads Manager. Select “Messenger Engagement” from the columns list to review the metrics.
You’ll be surprised to see how Click to Messenger ads can reduce your cost per lead and guide prospects into a conversion funnel to grow your ideal client base faster.
If you’d like to get more information, click the link below. Thanks, and see you next time.